You receive the following message:
You've exceeded the maximum number of activations for this serial number
Too many activations for one serial number
You exceeded the limit of available activations/seats for your Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office subscription. For example, you have an Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office 1 computer license and attempt to install or activate the product on more than 1 machine. If you want to use Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office on more machines than your license allows, you will need to purchase additional seats and activate the new copies.
Other possible causes:
- You reinstalled or upgraded the operating system on the machine where Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office is installed.
- You upgraded the machine with new hardware.
- You replaced your machine with a new one.
If you have reinstalled or upgraded your operating system or hardware, or simply moved the product to a different machine, reactivate Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office in the new environment.
Move license from a different computer:
- Click Resolve problem.
- You will be redirected to Acronis Account. Log in with your credentials if you are not logged in automatically
- In the Products section, find Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office Essentials, Premium or Advanced, and then click Manage:
From here on you can manage licenses for your computers: you can deactivate the license on the computer you no longer need to protect.
To remove a license from a computer, click Deactivate in the line with the computer that you no longer need to protect:
- Restart Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office, the program will be activated automatically using the available free license.
If you installed Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office on a new computer and need an additional license to cover it, open the product build-in store: in Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office interface, go to Account tab and click Upgrade, then select the option to upgrade to 3 or 5 computers.
You can check which machines the subscription is activated on via Acronis Account: see How to manage subscription licenses.