At Acronis we are committed to providing the best possible user experience to our customers. Our product development process assesses feature sets, user behaviors, Operating System support and industry trends on a continual basis. As part of that comprehensive process we add new features every year, and remove others that become dated or less relevant due to changes in the computing landscape. When we remove a feature it is only after a detailed review and with the understanding that we provide an equal or better solution that is more efficient, simpler and more reliable. In Acronis True Image 2015 some features have been removed as they were originally designed for Windows XP (e.g.: Boot Sequence Manager) and others as there is a more effective way to perform this task in Acronis True Image 2015 (e.g.: Try and Decide)
The following features have been discontinued:
- E-Mail backup. See Acronis True Image 2015: E-Mail Backup Is Not Supported.
- Extended Capacity -- Allows Windows XP users to work with disks of over 3TB in size. See Acronis True Image 2015: Extended Capacity Is Not Supported.
- Boot-sequence manager -- Allows to boot your system from bootable backup. See Acronis True Image 2015: Boot Sequence Is Not Supported.
- Try and Decide -- Allows to temporarily change your system. See Acronis True Image 2015: Try and Decide Is Not Supported.
- Local and mixed synchronization -- Allows to sync 2 folders on local drives. See Acronis True Image 2015: Local and Mixed Synchronization Is Not Supported.
- Consolidation -- Allows to consolidate archives and remove outdated information. See Acronis True Image 2015: Consolidation Is Not Supported.
- File Shredder -- Allows to securely wipe files. See Acronis True Image 2015: File Shredder Is Not Supported.
- Disk State -- Shows disk state. See Acronis True Image 2015: Disk State Information Display Is Not Supported.
- Trim SSD -- Allows to improve SSD speed on Windows XP and below. See Acronis True Image 2015: Trim SSD Is Not Supported.
- Auto-search at startup - this setting allowed the search for new backups at program startup. In the current implementation backups are detected during program installation.
- Mount the partitions in the read-write mode.
- Back up to ZIP format.