An entry for this backup is corrupt on the database
This article applies to:
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- You attempt to consolidate backup versions:
- The attempt fails with the following error:
Failed to open data stream
An entry about this particular backup in the product database has gone corrupt.
There are two possible workarounds:
- You will need to recreate settings for this particular backup:
- Right click on the backup with the issue and select Remove from the list:
- Then readd the backup by clicking Browse for backup:
- Once you have the backup added to the list, Recreate backup settings:
- You will need to delete the database files of the product:
- Delete the database file called archives.xml:
- Windows XP: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%/Application Data/Acronis/TrueImageHome/Database/archives.xml
- Windows Vista, Windows 7: %ALLUSERSPROFILE%/Acronis/TrueImageHome/Database/archives.xml
- Then restart Acronis True Image Home 2012 (close it and open again) that will automatically recreate archives.xml database.
See also Acronis True Image Home 2012.