Check the disk and file system for errors and try to repeat the operation
This article applies to:
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11.5
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 11
- Acronis Backup & Recovery 10
- True Image 2013 by Acronis
- Acronis True Image Home 2012
- Acronis True Image Home 2010
- Acronis True Image Home 2011
- Acronis Disk Director 11 (all editions)
- You start an operation with partitions, for example, a disk clone with resizing the partition(s);
- Acronis product aborts the operation with an error message that includes one of the following:
- MFT bitmap is corrupted
- Invalid format
- Failed to prepare operations
Error code: 9 'A file system error has been found.'
458,776 'MFT bitmap is corrupted
- Failed to prepare operations.
Error code: 9 'A file system error has been found.' with extended code: 458,780 'Run list is corrupted.'
Acronis product has found a disk error that prevents operation's execution.
First of all, please check the disk for file system errors with the repair parameter:
Check the disk and file system for errors:
If the issue persists, please download and install the latest driver update:
- Download and install Acronis driver update:
- After the installation, see if the issue persists.
If the issue persists, please do the following:
Please create a system report of the affected machine and contact support with a reference to this article.